Have you ever noticed when you were younger how it really broke your heart if someone did not like you? As a child you can’t fathom why?
As adults we sometimes struggle with the same situations. We question why we are not popular, why are we not as “like-able” as others, what’s wrong with us?
We spend countless hours trying to make our appearances more pleasing and sometimes we even dive into self help and communication books.
I’m here to tell you some really great news, or maybe not so great news.
Sometimes people do not like you because:
- They see something in you that they see in themselves and they are jealous
- Your spirit simply irritates them
- They do not know how to properly communicate with you and it’s simply a misunderstanding
- They are so unhappy with themselves, they can’t fathom the idea of liking another person
- They feel as though you are beneath them
Well buttercup, chin up! Take it in stride. Not everyone is “like-able”, not everyone has to like you, you really do not need to be liked.
You need to have mutual respect. That’s it.
You do not need to fit in everywhere. You were born original and that makes you who you are.
Lavish yourself in daily positive affirmations, such as:
- I love myself
- I’m doing my best today
- I am smart
- I’m loving
- I’m an achiever
- I am beautiful
Those are just simple examples. Some of the affirmations I love to use are Bible verses. These make me feel so complete and bring me closer to the Spirit.
Favorite bible verses:
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Psalms 121:1-2 – . I will lift up my eyes to the hills – From whence comes my help?
- Psalms 38:3 – In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.
- Psalms 138-7 – Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; You will stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand will save me.
- Psalms 46:1-2 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Romans 12 1-2 – And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
There are so many promises in the Bible from God. He doesn’t change. Prayer helps me. Meditation may help you. Reading may help you. Go to the park, look at the beauty in the small things. Listen to music.
Whatever helps you (as long as it’s not harmful), it’s okay.
You can stand out! Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons!
As for me, I am generally not invited to events nor involved with a lot of people. It did bother me for years. I pushed it down. I no longer do. I know the people in my life that better me, some days that is only me, alone.
If you gain anything from this post at all, know this, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
You are valuable to the world, you contribute value in some way. Find your way and fo not let others stand in your way, do not let others rejection bring you down. You’ve got this!
Thanks for reading, please like, share, comment, and subscribe!